Review of the Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2023
StartupBlink, the startup ecosystem research agency, has updated its annual ranking of the most favourable locations for startups - Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2023. These statistics and analysis will be useful to both first-time founders and more experienced entrepreneurs who are considering options for expanding their business.
Key findings for the year 2023
The list of jurisdictions with the best ecosystem for startup development is topped by the USA, followed by the UK, Israel, Canada and Sweden. American startup ecosystem hubs (San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Boston) lead the list, as do a number of European and Asian cities (London, Paris, Tel Aviv, Beijing, Shanghai, Bangalore).
Positions of other jurisdictions
- UAE - 28th place (-1 compared to 2022)
- Poland - 33rd place (=)
- Ukraine - 49th place (+1)
- Cyprus - 54th place (+1)
- Kazakhstan - 73rd place (+1)
- Belarus - 80rd place
The index, which forms the basis of the ranking, is calculated on the basis of 3 groups of parameters:
- Quantitative indicators (total number of functioning start-ups, co-working spaces and accelerators);
- Qualitative indicators (volume of private investment, number and size of "unicorn companies");
- State of the business environment in the region (speed and cost of the Internet, investment in R&D, other factors).
The full study is available on the official StartupBlink website.
Dear journalists, use of material from the REVERA website in publications is only possible with our written permission.